About the Position
Women Employed is seeking a highly organized, detail-orientated individual for our Accounting and Administrative Assistant position. This individual reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration and will support the work of Women Employed as a member of the Administrative Team. Your role is to ensure the efficient entry of accounting information and assist with office and administration functions of the organization. This role is collaborative, and the person in it will work across teams on events, initiatives, and special projects. It’s a dynamic position with an opportunity for growth and for new ideas.
This is a full-time position spending 2-3 days per week at WE’s downtown office and the remainder of the week working remotely. Starting salary is $39,400 per year. In addition, Women Employed offers competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, flexible schedules, and more. E-mail resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No telephone inquiries accepted. Women Employed is an equal opportunity employer.
• Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) entry from receipt to end-of-month reconciliations.
• Assist Senior Director of Finance and Administration with financial reporting both externally and internally
• Assist with annual audit preparation and fieldwork support.
• Assist with generation and distribution of year-end tax filings.
• Prepare and record payroll journal entries including benefits deductions tracking and reporting.
• Monitor supply levels and reorder as necessary.
• Assist with tracking vacation and sick leave for all employees.
• Ensure office suite remains well maintained including submitting repair and maintenance requests for the office space.
• Assist with equipment management including maintenance for all copiers, printers, the postage machine, and the phone system.
• Ensure efficient administration of office procedures including: kitchen cleaning schedules, all staff meeting facilitation schedule, and fire safety team.
• Assist with organizational reporting compliance including filing lobbyist expenditure reports.
• Assist with recycling of obsolete technology, used toner, and other items as necessary.
• High school degree required; Associates degree in business or accounting preferred.
• At least one year of experience with bookkeeping. Working knowledge of Fund-EZ or similar accounting software, is a plus.
• Commitment to confidentiality requirements of the position.