About the Position
Women Employed is seeking an individual for the position of Development Coordinator. This individual will work as an integral part of the development team in executing strategies aimed at expanding WE’s base of donors. The Development Coordinator is responsible for successfully implementing the Fall Appeal, growing the monthly giving program, grants management and writing, and assisting the Development Team in executing special events and annual giving efforts.
This is a full-time position located at our downtown offices. Starting salary is $42,000 per year. In addition, Women Employed offers competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, flexible schedules, and more.
- Plan, develop, and implement the Fall Appeal campaign.
- Implement, assess, and continuously improve the organization’s monthly giving campaign.
- Oversee data accuracy, data hygiene, and monthly reconciliations in conjunction with Administrative Team for Salesforce database.
- Create and manage the development team’s external fundraising web pages and peer-to-peer campaign efforts.
- With the support of the Grants Team, manage and coordinate WE’s grant applications, reporting, grant writing, and prospective funding research.
- Provide support to WE’s annual gala, The Working Lunch, by overseeing raffle efforts, providing support to volunteer Table Leaders, and assist with recruitment and management of volunteers.
- Support all phases of donor-focused fundraising including conducting research and development of messaging and materials.
- Represent the organization effectively to supporters, volunteers, funders, and the general public.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and apply best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work-life experience; two years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Energetic, positive can-do attitude.
- Experience and/or aptitude for working with data systems, i.e., databases, fundraising, action-taking, mass email, and knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft products a plus (particularly Excel).
- Willingness to undertake administrative and data-related tasks.
- Able to work full-time, with some evenings, and weekends during special events required.