About the Position
The Part-Time Graphic Designer will help Women Employed build our brand and tell our story by creating compelling graphics, images, illustrations, print publications, and videos that will support our work to drive systemic change. This is a great position for someone early in their design career, or someone with design experience who is looking for a part-time role. This role is collaborative, and the person in it will work across teams on organizational campaigns, events, initiatives, and special projects. It’s a dynamic position with a great deal of opportunity for creativity, growth, and new ideas.
This is a part-time non-exempt position, approximately 20-25 hour per week. Women Employed’s office is located in downtown Chicago and WE is currently employing a hybrid in-office/remote model. Staff are able to work primarily remotely with some days in the office depending on meeting or work requirements. Starting pay is $21.15/hour. In addition, Women Employed offers competitive benefits for part-time positions including retirement plans, sick time, vacation, holiday pay, flexible schedules, and more.
- Develop images, illustrations, infographics, and other graphics for use on social media, in emails, on the website, and in other digital communications.
- Design, lay out, and set up print files for reports, white papers, postcards, posters, palm cards, and other print files as needed.
- Develop promotional pieces for events, campaigns, and initiatives to drive fundraising, build engagement with our supporters, and attract new people to our cause.
- Help to develop and grow our brand identity by adding to our suite of brand illustrations, designing brand collateral, and ensuring that design pieces adhere to our brand standards.
- Create and edit videos to tell our story and the stories of those impacted by our work, support our campaigns, and build our presence.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Department on other design, video, marketing, communications, and social media projects as needed.
- Degree, credential, or at least 1 year of experience working in graphic design.
- Understanding of the core principles of design and branding.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop, and other applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization, planning, and project management skills, ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interest in WE mission.