About the Position
Women Employed is seeking a highly organized, dedicated individual to join our policy team as Policy Analyst. The individual will play a key role in advancing Women Employed’s policy priorities by conducting research; developing policy proposals, positions, and publications; informing strategy; and conducting legislative and administrative advocacy to improve the economic status of women and remove barriers to economic equity. This is a dynamic position with opportunity for professional growth.
This is a full-time position located at our downtown offices. Starting salary is $54,500 per year. In addition, Women Employed offers competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, flexible schedules, and more.
- Conduct research and analysis of complex policy issues to advance Women Employed’s short- and long-term goals
- Review, evaluate, and monitor policies and legislation; determine their benefits, gaps, and impacts.
- Inform and advance WE’s positions on assigned policy issues, including researching emerging trends and recommending potential directions for WE’s policy agenda
- Manage projects related to advancing WE policy goals including facilitating inter-organization coalitions and partnerships; leading workshops as needed; and running digital advocacy efforts
- Write policy briefings, research reports, and other documents that synthesize and summarize legislation and policies, and clearly set forth policy positions for use by WE staff, stakeholders, and other audiences
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of work experience
- Education or experience in the areas of public policy, gender & women’s studies, or law preferred
- Passion for improving the economic status of women; well qualified candidates would have knowledge, which may include lived experience, with issues facing women in postsecondary education and the workforce
- Knowledge of the state lawmaking process and experience analyzing legislation/policy proposals
- Ability to conduct some business travel within Illinois and occasionally elsewhere in the U.S.