About the Position
Women Employed is seeking a results-driven individual who will leverage their skills to assist in executing a pilot, collaborative project working directly with colleges and other stake holders to revamp developmental education within the State of Illinois to accelerate progress of low- income students and students of color. The project is grant supported through October 2022; efforts may be made to renew or secure additional funding to continue to support this position after the initial grant ends.
This is a full-time position and starting salary is $54,500 per year. In addition, Women Employed offers competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, flexible schedules, and more.
E-mail resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No telephone inquiries accepted. Women Employed is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work with the Senior Program Manager to ensure effective execution of program plan to revamp remedial education with Illinois community colleges.
- Gather, analyze synthesize data and research related to the project to advance short- and long-term goals
- Draft, track, and follow up on communications related to the project.
- Participate in project activities and other duties assigned under the direction of the Senior Program manager.
- Build relationships
- Coordinate events, site visits, and communications with campuses & project partners and manage logistics.
- Work with team and external consultant to execute project strategy.
- Responsible for tracking and following-up on tasks outlined in contracts with participating colleges to ensure successful and timely completion.
- Assist Senior staff in facilitating inter-organization coalitions and partnerships; lead workshops as needed.
- Provide technical assistance by connecting to resources, assisting in identifying and navigating obstacles, and maintaining regular communications.
- Experience Requirements
- Three to five years relevant experience (experience with higher education preferred but not required)
- Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Skills Required:
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to think analytically about data/research
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on details/aspects of the project
- Other Requirements:
- Must be able to travel with-in the State of Illinois (post-COVID) to lead site visits and meetings.
- Position can be performed remotely provided individual is able to meet the travel requirement above.