About the Position
The Senior Coalition Manager, a new position, will build on WE’s strong track record of championing changes that advance equity for women in the workforce through effective relationships and coalitions. WE recently unveiled a bold, impactful strategic plan with the goal of building women’s economic power and closing the wealth gap at the intersection of race and gender; the Senior Coalition Manager is key to that goal. WE is seeking an experienced relationship-builder and advocate who can develop and advance a comprehensive strategy to build, activate and engage new and existing statewide coalitions in pursuit of specific policy and public education goals.
The Senior Coalition Manager will be a member of the Policy and Organizational Impact team, working closely with the Associate Director of Policy on advancing advocacy campaigns, primarily at the statewide level. The Senior Coalition Manager will, in collaboration with other Policy and Organizational Impact and Marketing and Engagement team members, coordinate public education, advocacy, policy analysis, and campaign strategy efforts. A key area of responsibility will be launching the Women’s Economic Power Coalition, which will be an umbrella effort under which both active and newly formed issue-specific coalitions and projects will be housed.
This is a full-time, exempt position and starting salary is $60,000 per year. In addition, Women Employed offers competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, flexible schedules, and more.
Strategy, Management, and Engagement
- Partner with the Associate Director of Policy to advance WE’s legislative advocacy efforts, including helping to develop and execute successful advocacy strategies to educate policymakers and other decision makers about the needs of low-paid and/or Black and Latina/x working women
- Coordinate the coalition planning process by developing membership and subcommittee structure for new coalitions or supporting and strengthening existing structures
- Manage coalition activities to set and achieve coalition goals , including coordinating advocacy activities among partner organizations
- Assist the coalition in developing strategic partnerships with other individuals, coalitions, and organizations
- Provide support to the coalitions’ grassroots advocacy efforts, ensuring engagement from target communities.
Public Education and Communication
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and Engagement to execute public education strategy by coordinating with coalition members and by contributing to content creation and dissemination, such as fact sheets, action alerts, website and social media content, and press.
- Provide information and analyses, both verbally and in writing, to coalition and agency leadership, policymakers, advocates, coalition members, the general public and other stakeholders.
- Represent the coalitions and Women Employed externally at events, speaking engagements, trainings and presentations.
- Monitor coalition-wide deliverables, and assist in grant reporting.
- Administrative responsibilities such as meeting preparation, agenda development, management of coalition database, and maintenance of current contact information.
- Supervise work of sub-contractors, staff, and/or interns.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar position with demonstrated coalition building and management, effective relationship development, and outreach experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Successful track record in developing effective digital engagement and communication strategies for coalitions/member-based organizations
- Existing familiarity using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written, and proofreading skills with an eye for clarity, quality and detail
- Skilled in organization, project management, and prioritizing competing time demands to ensure the ability to meet commitments and deadlines while maintaining big picture overview of changing priorities and tasks
- Pro-active with the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience working in collaboration with individuals from diverse backgrounds and multicultural groups, applying an equity mindset
- Must be able to travel within the State of Illinois (post-COVID) to lead legislative or partner visits and meetings.
- Position can be performed remotely provided individual is able to meet the travel requirement above.