Women Employed (WE) mobilizes people and organizations to expand educational and employment opportunities for America’s working women. With a focus on low-paid working women, Women Employed is a nationally recognized leader in promoting fair workplaces and increasing access to training and education leading to good jobs.
WE seeks to improve the lives of all working women through systemic change. Therefore, WE values the unique experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, knowledge, and workstyles that a diverse workforce brings to our organization. Women Employed is committed to building a diverse and inclusive staff, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
WE is seeking a part-time (12-15 hours per week) Graphic Design Intern to support the Marketing Communications Department. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain work experience in design while building a design portfolio and learning about non-profit marketing and communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing images and infographics that support Women Employed’s public education and advocacy work.
- Developing banners, buttons, and other images for use in e-communications, our website, and social media.
- Designing, laying out, and setting up pieces for print.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Department on other marketing, design, communications, and social media projects as needed.
- There may also be opportunities to create and edit videos for event promotions and e-campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be: nearing a degree in a design program and/or have professional design experience, an excellent communicator, able to work independently, comfortable juggling multiple tasks, attentive to detail, positive and team-oriented, experienced in or familiar with design for electronic settings, working knowledge of Adobe design software and basic Microsoft Office programs, and interested in women’s social and economic justice issues. Experience with video editing software is a plus!
$11.50/hour– approximately 12-15 hours/week. Schedule is negotiable.
E-mail resume, cover letter, and design samples to: jmiyashita[at]womenemployed[dot]org. No telephone inquiries accepted. Resumes without cover letter and design samples will not be reviewed. Women Employed is an equal opportunity employer.