Congress needs to pass COVID relief for Workers and Families NOW
While the House passed the HEROES Act in May, the Senate has yet to act. We need immediate action to provide relief to workers and families to support all of our economic and physical health and well-being, and that of our communities as well. We need the Senate to:
- Extend unemployment insurance benefits before they expire at the end of December
- Expand and extend emergency paid sick days and paid family and medical leave, closing critical gaps that leave many workers out
- Provide at least $50 billion in emergency child care funding
- Increase housing and food assistance
- Support state and local governments to protect communities from further negative impacts
Check out WE’s full Recommendations to Congress on COVID-19 Relief to protect the immediate health and financial wellbeing of workers and their families, especially those on the frontlines, and strengthen the social safety net to allow for families and the economy to recover as quickly as possible.