The Pattis Family Foundation Summer Leadership Program
Women Employed’s Summer Leadership Program, generously sponsored by The Pattis Family Foundation, provides a unique opportunity for professional skill building and practical experience by exposing a team of interns to leadership training, front-line research, and awareness of the barriers low-paid workers experience. The program seeks to introduce students and recent graduates to all areas of nonprofit work through workshops, guest speakers, and projects.
The interns' project work may consist of:
- Facilitating issue-based discussions with staff and interns
- Designing and implementing public information and awareness campaigns for specific Women Employed Issues
- Conducting research and outreach on issues relevant to low-wage women
- Conducting interviews and assisting with other program work as needed
Over the course of the summer, interns will:
- Be familiar with the history and future of the women’s movement
- Participate in professional development workshops on effective advocacy
- Nonprofit organizational development and communications
- Explore aspects of social justice work with guest speakers
Our Summer Leaders
Women Employed, with more than four decades of leadership in improving women's economic status, has the advocacy expertise, innovative programming, and extensive organizational connections to create a rich experience for our interns.
- Eligible applicants will currently be enrolled in a postsecondary education/training program or will have been enrolled in one previously.
- Though all are encouraged to apply, preference is given to undergraduate candidates and those who live or study in Illinois.
Women Employed seeks to improve the lives of all working women through systemic change. Therefore, WE values the unique experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, knowledge, and work styles that a diverse workforce brings to our organization.
Women Employed is committed to building a diverse and inclusive staff, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply
Please Note: The 2021 application for The Pattis Family Foundation Summer Leadership Program is closed on March 29, 2021.
- Interns serve on Mondays and Wednesdays, from June 14th, 2021 through August 4th, 2021 and are “in the office” from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The program includes a $1,900 stipend.
- Interns will participate virtually and will need to have access to a reliable computer and internet connection.