The Pattis Family Foundation Summer Leadership Program
Women Employed’s Summer Leadership Program, generously sponsored by The Pattis Family Foundation, provides a unique opportunity for professional skill building and practical experience by exposing a team of interns to leadership training, front-line research, and a first-hand awareness of the barriers low-paid workers experience. The program seeks to introduce students and recent graduates to all areas of nonprofit work through workshops, guest speakers, and projects.
The interns' project work may consist of:
- Facilitating issue-based discussions with staff and interns
- Designing and implementing public information and awareness campaigns for specific Women Employed Issues
- Conducting research and outreach on issues relevant to low-wage women
- Conducting interviews and assisting with other program work as needed
Over the course of the summer, interns will:
- Be familiar with the history and future of the women’s movement
- Participate in professional development workshops on effective advocacy
- Nonprofit organizational development and communications
- Explore aspects of social justice work with guest speakers
Our Summer Leaders
Women Employed, with more than four decades of leadership in improving women's economic status, has the advocacy expertise, innovative programming, and extensive organizational connections to create a rich experience for our interns.
- Eligible applicants will currently be enrolled in a postsecondary education/training program or will have been enrolled in one previously.
- Though all are encouraged to apply, preference is given to undergraduate candidates.
Women Employed seeks to improve the lives of all working women through systemic change. Therefore, WE values the unique experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, knowledge, and work styles that a diverse workforce brings to our organization.
Women Employed is committed to building a diverse and inclusive staff, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply
Please do not telephone for more information.
Interns serve on Mondays and Wednesdays, from June 15th through August 5th. The program includes a $1,900 stipend. Interns will be based at Women Employed’s downtown Chicago office. The deadline for The Pattis Family Foundation Summer Leadership Program application is March 29, 2020. Please do not telephone for more information.
Complete this form to submit your resume and one-page essay answering why The Pattis Family Foundation Summer Leadership Program at Women Employed would be a good opportunity for you: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WESLP2020
The deadline to apply for the 2020 Pattis Family Foundation Summer Leadership Program is March 29, 2020.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not telephone for more information